The Community Chest of Hong Kong sponsors the renovation, social service expense and joined by the Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Fund (SIE Fund) to provide financial support for HKCSS to operate as the housing intermediary. Devoted to engage with a wide range of stakeholders, HKCSS plays the role of an intermediary platform, responsible for:
- Soliciting housing units contributed by property owners, and the renovation and the maintenance of the units
- Signing the tenancy agreement with the appropriate property owners
- Sub-letting the units to service operators
- Inviting the NGOs/SEs to be the service operators of the units
- Providing guidance and support with the service operators in their recruitment of target tenants according to their service plans
- Providing ongoing support and conduct social impact assessment
If you are potential property owners, service operators, tenants or registered contractors who are interested in this project, please click the related category to learn how to join Community Housing Movement.