The grassroots are living in a housing environment which is increasingly unaffordable albeit dwindling living space. There is little they can do to improve their living space and livelihood. Do people living in Hong Kong find a way under the distorted housing market?
"Living: People-centred Co-living Practice of Social Housing" new publication, it recorded the three-years innovative " Community Housing Movement Project". Based on 10 stories of social housing residents, elucidating 10 unique experiences of living, this book genuinely recollects and reflects on the process, experience, challenges and inspirations of a local housing experiment of "Housing x Social Service", redefines the meaning of living and housing, and explores alternative ways for the provision of affordable housing apart from the public and private housing.
This book is recommended by Ms Kalina Tsang, Oxfam Hong Kong Director, Dr. Kim-Wah Chung, Hong Kong Public Opinion Research Institute Deputy Chief Executive Officer, as well as Mr. Kim-Ching Chan, Liber Research Community researcher.
Authors：Ms. Chu(“朱鳳翎”) & Ms. Law Ka-ying (“羅嘉凝”)
Publishing：The Hong Kong Council of Social Service
Cover Price：HKD 88
List of point of sales*:
(1) Hong Kong Reader Bookstore (Address: 7F, 68 Sai Yeung Choi Street South, Mong Kok)
(2) Art and Culture Outreach (Address: 14/F, Foo Tak Building, 365-367 Hennessy Road, Wanchai)
(3) Greenfield Book Store (Address: 2/F., 56 Sai Yeung Choi Street, Mong Kok)
(4) Luck Win Book Store (Address: 3/F., 62 Sai Yeung Choi Street, Mong Kok)
(5) Kubrick Yau Ma Tei (Address: Shop H2, Prosperous Garden, 3 Public Square St., Yau Ma Tei)
(6) HKUP Bookshop (Address: G/F, Run Run Shaw Heritage House, Centennial Campus, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong)
(7) HKTV Mall: https://www.hktvmall.com/p/H8151001_S_Book186
For more information of point of sales, you might refer to http://bit.ly/2QeFoba (Chinese version).